Good Cowboy Junkies "Trinity Sessions"?

I just listened to a new CJ Trin Sessions (RCA 8568-1-R). What a HUGE dissappointment compared to the Gold CD. I could tell this thing sucked from the first 5 seconds where I could barely hear the the ventilaton system running in the background in the church.

Is there an LP pressing of this album worth getting, i.e. better than the CD?
metaphysics
I have the trinity session on both vinyl and the RCA cd. The vinyl version is much better. I always thought the rca cd was a great recording, but the vinyl trounces it. I hope it comes out on SACD. It actually is a direct to digital recording.
get in touch with SdCampbell.
imo, the original Lp pressing is the one to have.

Best,
Ken
Hi Metaphysics; My CD is also 8568-2-R. The first track on "The Trinity Session" ie, this CD, is recorded complete with recording noise and is difficult to listen to, but the rest of it is quite good-- must be something wrong with your copy or that batch??? BTW, where did you find this CD recording in gold? Craig.
The noise on the first song just sounds like a wide angle mike to me, which should be prevailent on any copy unless it has been filtered out of the mix. I am not familiar with any Gold CD's are we talking MFSL?
The Gold disk was from Classic Records. It is no longer avalible so that's to bad. I had this disk, it was stolen along with my portable cd player from my sons car. What was he doing with my gold Cowboy Junkies you ask? Good question, but not the right one to ask after 20 plus disks and a stereo are stolen and the car completely trashed.
***I learned this from experience***
DO NOT LOOK ON EBAY UNTILL I SAY YOU CAN. I MISSED THE LAST COPY UP ABOUT A MONTH AGO.