Marantz SA-11S1 Drawer Will Not Open Properly

Hello hope someone can steer me in the right direction or help. My Marantz CD/SACD player drawer will not open. It wants to as I can hear it trying to but the only way to open is to grab the drawer on both sides after hitting the open button and gently force or manually open it. What can cause this issue? Is it a software issue or something else possibly? I took the outer case off and looked in to see if anything was impeding or interfering with the drawer and couldn't see anything out of the ordinary.
Ag insider logo xs@2xsamzx12
There is a cheap fix ($5!) for your problem, the same one I just dealt with. There is a plastic gear which makes the tray slide in and out. It wears with use and exposure to our polluted atmosphere. Look on ebay for a replacement, different versions for different transports. You can replace the gear yourself, or buy it off ebay and take it with your player to a tech.
Samzx12, from your description, if the others suggestions don't locate the fix. I am wondering if maybe it is the drawer face plate hanging up on the on the faceplate of the component. Some of these players that I have owned the face plate on the drawer snaps off usually by lifting up and pulling out but be careful not to break any of the retainers. Once you have that off , see if the drawer opens and closes freely. Hopefully it's something that simple, good luck.
Theo I tried unplugging and pressing the Faceplate buttons and no luck. I will try unsnapping the drawer faceplate. Thank you!

Sam
Bdp24 your player replicates what mine is doing? I can hear it wanting to open but will not unless manually helped. It closes just fine. Where in the player is this gear and I will order it?
they seem to be pointing at the loading motor gear as I had mentioned on your AA thread. Try the graphite like the one guy said and find that gear so you can inspect it

ET