Tascam DA3000: Analog to Digital Recording

Is the Tascam DA3000 an audiophile product for recording analog to digital format? How do you move the file to a PC for editing/song breaks/labeling songs (what kind of software)?
redglobe
Al, your right the mics. he recommended are Neumann km183 that sell for 1300.00 pair.
That's an excellent price for new KM183s. If you're relatively new to live recording I'd recommend you rent your equipment before making expensive purchases. Are you going to be recording in only one venue? If so, you can optimize your setup for that space. Are spaced omnis the only way you want to record?
Yes, $1300/pr does seem like an unusually good price for those mics, Jeff. Good suggestion by Onhwy61, also, about renting before finalizing the purchase decisions, especially with respect to the mics.

I'd have some concerns, though, about using omni's to record in a live jazz club. They'll pick up extraneous audience noises much more prominently than say a cardioid. And depending on placement and the physical configuration of the surroundings they may also pick up reflections from walls or other surfaces to an excessive degree.

Best regards,
-- Al
Hi Al,

Thank you for doing the research and providing the answer with regard to connecting the Tascam DA3000 directly to the Jasmine phono.
Al, I don't want to get close to the performers. By setting up the mikes further back, I can also get some of the room sound as well. I guess one would have to practice with setup to get this just right. Thanks Jeff