Has anyone bought the OPPO 105 and has an opinion

Trying to compare the OPPO BDP-105 and the SONY XA5400ES. Any body have any thoughts?
128x128eliotone
I took home the Oppo 105 and the Cambridge 851C and was able to compare them at home. No comparison, in fact, a WORLD of difference. I was, frankly, shocked. I had read so many glowing reviews/remarks on the Oppo. Thin, uninvolving, fatiguing.....I could go on. The Cambridge 851C on the other hand was wonderful. I don't get what the fuss is about.

Cheerio;

Doug
Rockyboy, I have never compared the Arcam and the Oppo, but have compared the stock Oppo 105 with the Exemplar moded unit. There was no comparison

I do know that the Oppo 105 on video is just exceptional and that the owner is primarily interested in video.
I just got the 105D . My initial comments are the exact opposite of Dmacg's. Although I owned the Cambridge 840C I like the Oppo better. Just goes to show different systems, different tastes. You just have to listen your self
I bought a modded BDP 95, solid state mods, after selling my older 20bit Bat VK-D5SE and the only thing the Oppo did better than the Bat was play movies. I know it was not the 105 Oppo but i miss my Bat Player. Ted