The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
Speakers are the most important. But then which amp will you use with incredible/awesome/"knock-out"/fantastic/UNREAL speakers?
Why hook up an amp that compromises these unreal speakers? duh?
Next lets say you get the most awesome/incredible speakera nd also a incredible/unreal/dynomite amp, why compromise witha soso/average/bland sounding cdp?
duh?
Point is, all 3 are 'equally" important BUT first start with speakers, then work from there. Speakers first, then amp, then cdp. In that order.
Now as to the question, most awesome sysyrem you heard. I know I answered with my system as the clear winner. BUT that has now since changed. I haerd a speaker system that uped mine by some added bass. It was the Tyler LSS(Linbrook Sig Sys). However I used my JOR and Cayin 17 as associated. So the only cahnge in my above answer was the spaeker upgrade A speaker i hope to own one day next yr.
Paul
Baton Rouge
Has anyboday ever heard the Acarian Systems Alon Phalanx? (with Poseidon subs) How are these speakers 'rated' these days?
The best I have ever heard period are the MBL 111e's, have not heard the 101e's ,however, I am sure they are better. The 111e's I heard were in a awesome room, with big dollar every thing. The best "real world speakers" are ATC's Anniversary 50's. I formed these recent opinions over the last two weeks in which I dragged every piece of equipment and cable to listen to over 10 high end speakers. My OPINIONS of all ten speakers are on MY SYSTEM page, if any one cares.

I have heard many that in some way made a lasting impression to this day. To me these were all good and in some ways "the best".I'll give examples:

-Quad ESL 57/63
-Acoustat 2+2
-Linn Isobarik
-Apogee Diva
-Magnapan various models
-Sonusfaber Extrema
-Vandersteen 3A, 5A
-Proac Response various models
-Wilson Watt/Puppy 3
-Martin Logan Sequel 2
-Martin Logan Aerius I

And last, but not the least, and probably the most fun events ever (granted not the last word in refinement and resolution) were to hear a friend's Cerwin.-Vega DC1515's playing from his varanda onto an open field at a distance of 20m with the sum total of 1600w of Rms power from four mono amps driving them. Totally mind blowing if you can appreciate the sensation of a live rock concert in your backyard!
My favorite so far is a pair of Tannoy's Dual Concentric speakers, a DIY project. This comprises some hefty 15" DC unit, a Tannoy supertweeter and some extensive outboard filters in a huge cabinet. Sound is absoluty amazing, closest thing to a live concert I ever encounterd. One major drawback: they aren't mine.....