Anyone has heard the Bel Canto REFLink Asynchronou

I am curious to know whether this would be a worthy addition to my Bel Canto 2.5 Thank you.
dlavoie
Bel Canto Dealer disclaimer***

I have a demo unit here that I have used quite a bit and really like what it does. I've also sold several of them and those that purchased like them also.

Any particular questions you have on the unit?

Taylor
Goldprint Audio
I was told when I bought my DAC 2.5 that the smaller Bel Canto converter which was available at the time was mostly for those using a long USB wire. Was I misinformed? Could you tell me a little more about what it does precisely?
There is barely any review on the web of this yet... Thank you.
The primary function of any of the 3 Bel Canto convertors is to allow the connection of a USB input and turn the single in to a spdif/toslink/st output for connection to a DAC.

It allows you to play 24/192 files (your USB input on the 2.5 is 24/96) and runs in an asynchronous mode.
I have heard it, and connected to the Bel Canto dac 3.5 mk II vbs, (whew ) it was the first time I have heard a computer sound BETTER as a transport than a high quality conventional cd spinner. (bel canto cd2) It really surprised me, as I have heard countless claims before and all ways liked the old fashioned cd spinner over a computer or music server. It has to be the new low phase noise clocks they are using, truly astonishing low jitter numbers. Taken from the web sight white paper ( figure 3 shows the single sideband phase noise of our ulpn oscillator. Note the extremely low -170 dbc noise floor that is critical for the clocks best sound quality. Phase noise from 100 hz to 1000 mhz is only 5o fs (femtoseconds)
or 0.05 ps , thats 100 to 1000 times lower than typical audio clocks.
Thank you both.

Chrissain, did you have a chance to listen to the 3.5mk II without the converter as well? I have no doubt that this DAC sounds great, but I wonder whether it would be worthwhile for me to spend that money on the converter to use it with my DAC 2.5. I think that ultimately only a visit the Bel Canto store here in New York will enable me to decide, but I was curious of what people have to say here first.