Tube DAC Conundrum

I have the Blacknote DAC30 which has 4 tubes in it. I read that digital stuff should be left on for everyday listening, but won't that use up the tube life a lot quicker? I am willing to change the tubes every year if leaving them on all the time will get me that far, but I don't know.
koestner
Never turn off your tubes, just like you never turn out the lights in your house when you leave.

Oh, wait, that advice was meant for another planet. On this one, if it's a bulb, turn it off when you don't use it.

Honestly, of all the stupid advice you get on audiogon, this thread seems to be the current winner...
The audiophile in me says: "leave 'em on".

The rest of me which is where most of my rationale behavior emanates from, says: "turn 'em off when you're not using them, dummy"!

My rational side can be harsh. It also usually ends up winning these battles ( I hope).
What are the tubes? Have you researched the average or expected life of these particular tubes? Some small tubes are good for 10,000-15,000 hours.
it seems to me that from the comments so far , there is an implied trade-off infavor of optimizing the sonics at the expense of the electricity bill.

in the interet of ecology one should never leave on any component, even though the sound of myour stereo system may not be ideal when you turn it on again, or you will have to wait an hour or two until you realize the best your stereo system can offer.

i think one should be a responsible citizen and save the planet's execessive use of fossil fuels even if it degrades the sound of your stereo system.
Could someone please explain the "risk" involved with leaving small signal tubes on 24/7.

Mrtennis, couldn't agree more with the environmental impact, but it just ain't gonna' happen. Actually the largest negative environmental impact is due to the dedicated listening room. To have a dedicated room usually means you have a large free standing house. Imagine if every family in China and India lived in free standing houses averaging 3,000+ sf? There wouldn't be a single tree still growing anywhere on the planet. Reality sucks when it intrudes upon our sybaritic pursuit.