whats your thoughts on Pioneer DV09

I know this may sound strange but I find myself perfering the sound of older cd players over newer players. Many say the newer technology cd players trump older cd players. I have a player that has the 24/196 up sampling board sounds great but I still find myself perfering the sound of my older mcintosh mcd7000 only thing is the laser is no longer available so I'm looking for another old cd player as a back up I came across a Pioneer DV09 I've always like these units looking for what others think of these.
artez
I have had this unit for about 4 years. I love the look and feel. However, the unit seems to be near the end of it's lifespan now. My power supply died last year and cost about $200 to repair. This year, the player won't play CD's anymore without a terrible mechanical scratching sound. Conversely DVDs play silently. I would love to keep it, but I'm in the market for a replacement.
Interesting! Just a timely reminder that even bonafide classics wear out. Sometimes they cost more to fix than they are worth and it's better to cut your losses and find something newer and more reliable. Tobuns, sorry for your loss!
I'm interested in getting BW 808.
What would you say about its sound?
Is there enouph bass?
Thanks,
There is more than enough bass. I think they sound terrific. Some say they are not the last word in accuracy however i like the fact that no matter what level i play them at they are crisp and clear!!