King of the Non oversampling DAC's? Lavry /Kondo ?

If you are looking for the best Non oversampling DAC's then two DAC's will come to my head; Kondo DAC & Lavry Gold.
1) Have anyone compared those two ?
2) Is there any other brand(NOS DAC's) better than those two above mentioned ?
rademaker
Hi Sam, Damn nice system there mate!-- Hmm you are lucky with the Black front--I was told they were not available-might see if the Factory will oblige me-Ha!

Thanks and good Listening

Des

Des,

Thank you for the kind remarks :-) Best of luck with obtaining the black front from AN...I believe they will accommodate you, if at all possible!

Best regards,

Sam
Hi,

Some other nonoversampling DACs come to mind:
-Zanden Audio Model 5000 Signature
-Goldmund Mimesis 20H
The two NOS DACs I'd compare (I have both and like both on separate systems) are the dbaudiolabs Tranquility and the Tranquility SE.

I agree, it would be very interesting to get a collection of NOS DACs in one room and over a period of time listen to all of them and create a ranking based on clarified criteria.

As to best (or "King") my vote would be for the Tranquility SE. Of course, quality power cord, quality USB and single-ended interconnects, computer-server, playback software, etc. become more and more crucial the better and better the DAC. The price to performance of this DAC is quite surprising to the upside...

just my opinion and experience,

:) listening,

Ed
thx so far guys, but nobody has answered what the difference in sounds is between Lavry Gold(924) or Kondo DAC ?
unfortunately.