Peachtree iDac reliabilty?

First off, the iDac in my system is a pretty amazing piece of gear. It brings digital to life like I've never heard. Up till purchasing the iDac, I never considered myself much of a digital person. Sonically it's a terrific step in the right direction. I purchased the iDac in February 2011. It worked beautifully, then conked out after 3 days. The good folks at Music Direct replaced the unit immediately. I even had a very nice chat with David Solomon of Peachtree. He's a good guy and very sincere about his company. The 2nd iDac worked flawlessly for 2 months and like the first one quit working. I've now sent it to Peachtree to be repaired. Has anyone experienced a similar reliablility issue with the iDac or am I just snakebit.
128x128fossilsx15
I have a audio buddy who is now on his third iDAC. Same exact situation you describe. Says it's an amazing pc., but sounds like Peachtree need to get their Q.C. act together.

Not like the thing is exactly chump change @ $1k.
Yeah I owned a Nova and returned it because of the low quality volume control. There are better brands out there.
Based on these posts I will never buy a Peachtree product. I've come to expect an insane level of reliability from electronic stuff and maybe that's not fair, but it is kind of amazing how so few items have crapped out over several decades of personal hifi use/abuse. I can only think of one consistant issue...an Acurus A250...sent it back to Mondial 3 times (they covered it) due to some buzzing issue. Otherwise, maybe I'm just lucky.
my decco had the usb input stop working within a week which peachtree gladly offered to fix. the dac still works with optical and ic so i didn,t want to spend 70 bucks to ship it across the country. the remote lasted a year. i like the concept and sound quality but i am less than impressed with this sort of problems. i would buy it again i guess since i know how these things go but wouldn't recommend my friends to buy one. but in the last 3 years i also had 2 expensive laptops by dell and gateway have their motherboards die. i just put up with it i guess. everything breaks.
This is an update on my iDac after getting it back from warranty repair.

First off I agree with all the comments and thanks for sharing. Yeah for a thousand bucks it's a bit disconcerting to have a unit barf out after 2 days, replace with a new one, only to have that one crap out after a week in the same way.

Wanted to report that my iDac has been performing flawlessly since I got it back. Hope this remains the case. As far as the sound goes, that's why I bought it, never heard my iPod or music library on my computer sound this good. Keeping my fingers crossed.