Classe's New CP-800 Pre-amp/DAC. Impressions?

We have heard the new CP-800 in pre-production form and are quite impressed given the perforamnce, build quality, and sheer value. Many of our clients have already pre-ordered the product but I am just wondering if anyone else has formulated an opinion about this new product from Classe.
digitalear
I had a prototype to play with for a couple of weeks a month or two ago. A production unit is being shipped to me on Monday. I'm very anxious to see both the performance and the features. My impression of the preamp function was extremely good. I want to spend some time with the DAC and get a better feel for it. In terms of design it is fairly unique and certainly has great potential. My present USB DAC is 5k, same as this whole piece.

Oh, obviously I'm a dealer. I think consumer pieces will be shipping very soon. A couple of software items to tidy up and then it's ready. Mine won't have Zone 2 or EQ until I get the new upload.
It suppose to have digital cross over. Is the cross over done before the signal gets converted to analogue or does it convert the anologue signal produced by the DAC chip back to digital then crossed over back to analogue? Am I making sense?
It would make no sense to use the output of the DA if one is going to reconvert for digital processing. I think Classe (Alan Clark) is smart enough to know that.

Kal
I see this thread has slacked off since April. My 800 arrived a week ago and its is becoming a real game changer. I must suggest that you audition this unit in your home. Make sure it has at least 100 hours on it (makes a huge difference). IT is quite amazing, the sound stage is immense, layers of sound and the funtionality we have all been yearning for for years, but afraid to ask. I cannot say enough about its sound. I have owned Audio Research, BAT, Audible,and many others so I have a reference level to judge from. GO and listen. Let me know what you think. I am very impressed.