Rega Saturn or Sony SCD-XA5400ES ?

Hi Mates,
Which one is a better player for stand alone Red Book CD play and just as a transport ? I am looking for full body, high resolution, smooth, organic, low noise and crystal clear sound. Any experinece, comparioson or advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks,
topmostaudio
I have a Sony SCD-XA5400ES running single ended with Nordost SPM cables which I like very much. I don't know which model Rega I have heard at the dealer when auditioning speakers but I preferred the Sony.
Is the Sony SCD-XA5400ES really an over-achiever? Has anyone compared it to much more expensive CD playback?
The UK mag Hi-Fi Choice (Jan 2010 issue) has done a comparison of several CD players including the Sony 5400ES. In contrast to the comments I read in this forum, they gave the Sony a good, but not outstanding review. They praised the midtrange but described a "slight lack of precision in bass and treble". The Creek Destiny, Moon CD3.3 & Shanling CD-R1000se all got better ratings. Based on general comments, HFC also appear to rate the Rega Saturn more highly than the Sony.
I currently own the Sony and did own the Rega once as well. Of all the players I've owner, the Rega Saturn was my least favorite in my system. Awkward CD "lid", goofy buttons and very colored sound. I'm sorry, I'm not good at descriptive words for sound, I just know my music sounded different (and not in a good way) when being played through the Saturn.
I'll be keeping my Sony for quite a while.