Sony SCD-XA5400ES-Best SACD for under $10,000

This Sony player supplanted my Ayre C5-XE 3, which I still have, months ago. I paid $6000 for the Ayre after determining that it was the best-sounding unit for under $10,000. The Sony blows it away!!!
A unit costing $1500 besting all others under $10,000? That is exactly what it does!
For reference, I am using Audio Research electronics and Vandersteen speakers and subwoofers (about $30,000); a similar system has repeatedly been lauded as "best of show" at CES, so we are NOT talking second-rate stuff here.
This Sony is the only SACD/Cd player I have EVER heard that puts a classical piano live in my living room; nothing I ever had before even comes close.
This unit is a small miracle. I would have gladly paid $8000 for it, but if they want to give the thing away for $1500, who am I to argue?
This unit is going to send the engineers at Audio Research, Luxman, Esoteric, and Ayre back to the drawing board; their current units at 4 to 5 times the price are not even close. Some engineer at Sony is a freaking genius!!!
wa6itd
Dave b states

"Just a sidebar here, I owned the 5400 and then Modwrighted it...just great! Recently I picked up an NAD C565BEE for my sitting room system...I'm blown away! Very fleshed out and sexy sounding with weight and authority..sweet highs. If SACD is not a priority then this could warm your soul for redbook!"

Hi Dave I recently commented on your review of the SCD-X5400ES. You stated last July that you were sending it out for the Modwright mod. No further comments on the results. After your quite enthusiastic comments of the stock unit I was anticipating your assessment of the mods. It seems that this NAD C 565BEE has maybe supplanted it? If not stated it seems implied as you haven't commented on your impressions of the modded Sony on this thread ("just great") or your review thread. The suspense is killing me, what gives?
i have never stated that i own the sony, only that i am considering it for purchase and there have been some comments that have been critical of it.

i don't know the score. it doesn't matter.

there are differences of opinion and the fact that there may me more pros than cons does imply that there is a risk when purchasing.

dbphd: no is twisting your arm to respond to my comments. i think you have misinterpreted them. it doesn't matter. t's just talk. incidentally use the dictionary next time you want to use the "m" word, as you spelled it incorrectly. I'm just joshing.

in the past sentiment has been expressed that opinions on audogon should be considered carefully. I am being euphemistic in my last statement.
03-02-11: Zmanastronomy
Has anyone noticed the OP hasn't chimed in since he started this thread ? That's odd.

Zmanastronomy, your observation has some merit. I believe the original poster was a shill. All of that bluster and not one response to all of the questions asked of him in over a year. As a matter of fact, he hasn't posted anywhere on the 'Gon since his original post. He did a good job garnering interest and curiosity for the machine. By a lot of accounts here it is a good machine, and it has surely gotten me curious. But I still believe the OP was a shill, his post reads like a carnival barker.
The Sony Modwright is a great player for music lovers and is a bargain at the asking price of $3500. I sold mine for financial reasons and a change of environment. The Sony easily competes with the best available:O)