Sony SCD-XA5400ES-Best SACD for under $10,000

This Sony player supplanted my Ayre C5-XE 3, which I still have, months ago. I paid $6000 for the Ayre after determining that it was the best-sounding unit for under $10,000. The Sony blows it away!!!
A unit costing $1500 besting all others under $10,000? That is exactly what it does!
For reference, I am using Audio Research electronics and Vandersteen speakers and subwoofers (about $30,000); a similar system has repeatedly been lauded as "best of show" at CES, so we are NOT talking second-rate stuff here.
This Sony is the only SACD/Cd player I have EVER heard that puts a classical piano live in my living room; nothing I ever had before even comes close.
This unit is a small miracle. I would have gladly paid $8000 for it, but if they want to give the thing away for $1500, who am I to argue?
This unit is going to send the engineers at Audio Research, Luxman, Esoteric, and Ayre back to the drawing board; their current units at 4 to 5 times the price are not even close. Some engineer at Sony is a freaking genius!!!
wa6itd
Does the release of this player by SONY suggest that there still a chance that SACD will survive? Thrive?
Good Point
When I spoke to Creek in England by email
They said it was dead and would not waste resources on Development & research.
I said your not only making a mistake but have an arrogance I don't appreciate.
You lost a life long customer
Budt,
The thread is about how the Sony blows away the Ayre soundwise, not which one costs less.

If you haven't heard an Ayre with the MP upgrade, which costs $250, you should get the upgrade before you sell your Ayre. As I said, the difference is pretty significant.
Reference Recordings also had the same take on SACD couple of years back, but got into SACD eventually. I guess Creek will find some "reason" to get into SACD someday.