My end game speaks.

Hi guys so my system is McIntosh c2700, McIntosh Mc611s, Hi Fi Rose 130, Power Quest 707 all with up graded power cords. My listening room will be 15x35' with concrete floors. I pretty much have it down to two speakers the Focal Mastros and the Magico S7. For music I really listen to everything and do like bottom end and smooth clear highs plus I like it loud. I would love to hear you're guys input and experiences as I really can't hear either speaker.

Thanks Matt 

skydog25

Such awesome information guy's!! Again thank you & as you guys know even if I go and listen (that I should) they will all sound so different when I get them home. The crazy brains we have! Lol 

Thanks again!!!

Every Focal speaker I have heard is brilliantly detailed, and also fatiguing after a bit. My friend loves his, and the hotter highs are his cup of tea. Never heard the Magicos you are considering. If it were me looking, I'd add Vivid Audio and Joseph Audio for comparison.....not sure if you'd be able to audition though.

Safe harbor statement:  I'm a Focal owner.  The Focal's are front ported while the Magico's are sealed.  You will perceive a very different bass presentations from the two speakers.  For this reason, based on your described ear, I think you will prefer the bass from the Focal's.  

My Focal's reside in a fully treated room and while the top end is lively, it's not bright or fatiguing.  The Focal's should play very nicely with your Mac gear.  Good luck and cheers!

For all the abuse Magico gets I find them to be a really well made solid speaker. They do need lots of power and big amps that sound god are expensive. I think most magico speakers are sealed so the bass will sound difference, and again might want even more adjustments.

Never heard the Focal but they're known for being really detailed, so if you are using digital, again big money to get it right but probably big rewards too. Can you take a $300 airline flight to hear them both? I don't like packing and shipping a beast of a speaker like this, and it sounds like you don't either if you are looking for "end game."

Back in the day had some Adcoms 555s on some Klipsh horn speakers with a sub I loved that setup, but was young those days..... lol