Handling Heavy Amps

There are several amps I’m interested in possibly purchasing but I’m dissuaded because of their weight. I’ve had lower back issues so I need to be careful. I live alone. Even if my wife was still alive she would not have been able to help much. Also Children live far. I see that many of you have these 60-100 pound behemoths and I wonder how do you manage. If I buy from my dealer he’ll load it in my SUV. However when I get home it will be difficult to get it out and onto the garage floor where I can place it on my handcart. Then when I get it next to my rack I need to maneuver it out of the box and up onto the rack. I guess I would need to see if my dealer would deliver it and place it on the rack. Probably for a fee. So that may work. But then if I need to paint, move furniture, resell the unit whatever I would need help. I think I can handle up to 40lbs. So how do you handle these amps? Is it a concern for you?  I’m spoiled by my Benchmark 12 lb AHB2. It’s also the reason I’ve been investigating Class D amps. 

jfrmusic
Post removed 

If you insist on getting a component too large or too heavy to handle by yourself, then hire movers to do the heavy lifting.  If you want to go all out you could even hire piano movers.

I believe that Cary listed my V 12 to be eighty pounds and change. I bought it in ’01 when I was 41 and in great shape. I actually had to climb up a few steps on a ladder to put it where I had it at the time.  The last time I had to move it from the present listening room to kitchen table to do some work on it and then back again I was thinking to myself that the time may be coming (sooner than I want it to) that I may not be able to do this any longer.

I can see where that is a concern grounded in reality. Is there a neighbor who could assist you on the (probably few) times you would need assistance?

I have a single 60 lb beast on a Butcher Block Acoustics rack.  If I had dual mono's I'd put them on pedestals on the floor. A hand truck of course is good for maneuvering, but having a rack that is open enough and strong enough really helps things along.  Usually I just lift the amp up, put the rear feet onto the rack and push it in.