What footer best under cd player

Consensus seems to be to put some isolation to replace cdp stock feet.

I have a playback design cd player which has three feet that do not appear removable

Anyone recommend stable cones or some other footer to use on wood platform of top of salamander rack (surface maple wood)

Thanks
audiohifila
I agree with Tvad about Star Sound products. I liked them so much I became a dealer for them. But since I do not sell on line there is a modicum of objectivity in my advice. They have a very pronounced effect and it is possible to over damp your system if you use too many. But a set under one unit would be a good place to start. Remember, as the others have said there are many products out there that work in different ways and only you can decide which you like. But as you say you cannot try everything. Try checking products you are interested in in the discussion forums.
I do agree that all would sound different in different systems. I had Finite Elements Cera Pucs under my Esoteric X-03 SE, which were better than the stock feet (better bass-tighter, better focus). I changed them to the Walker Audio Valid Points (Super Tuning Kit) and, I think, they give the player a tad more resolution, wider, deeper soundstage - very slight, but I think it is noticable. All sit on a Billy Bags Pro Double Wide rack.
A number of different roller block products out there.
I have had good luck with FIM 305
I have a MPS-5 also and on a whim I ordered a set of Marigo Audio Mystery feet. I did it because they are close by and offered a money back guarantee, so I thought I would be out 10 bucks to send them back when I didn't hear any difference. I was wrong! Those feet aren't going anywhere! They cost over $600 and are worth it. Please order a set and try them yourself. I have the TR's and use a Adona stand.
The stock MPS-5 feet can be unscrewed, they are just screwed in, no nuts, no problems. I removed the stock feet and put the Mystery Feet in their place.
Remember, a money back guarantee, so what have you got to lose, 10 bucks?
I like the Brightstar products. On the cheap, their Isonodes are quite effective in my system and, if you want to spend some money, their sand fillable platforms are nice. With a CDP I like the Isonodes underneath, with some weight on top. The Herbie's footers are also good. I've never been able to get my head around how rigid "coupling" devices, such as brass or ceramic cones, can reduce vibration in a device as effectively as a softer "isolating" material placed between the the device and its platform, but I'm sure someone will explain it to me.