Have we lost civility and respect on Audio forums?

I think we have.  I have seen many discussion on audio forums and how nasty they can become when you have people disagreeing. Seems like there are a lot more know it alls now. I been in 20 years and I can still learn.  But I also know I know quite a bit. Like cables can enhance the sound and higher end well designed gear can truly be ear candy special.  Is this just on audio forums or the internet period. 

calvinj

@calvinj I agree with you 100% but its happening all over the place not just in these forums. Society in General especially in internet forums where people are anonymous. Even our own congress is out of control!

I think we have all been duped into thinking we all need to hate each other.  This is just my observation. Divide and conquer. 

My premise; I'm surrounded by sociopaths operating at various levels of practice.  That may seem extreme, but the amount of dysphoria these days is proof enough.  

Rather simple; it's positive and constructive, or it's negative and destructive.  I acquiesce, rather subjective.

I do work to practice just that.

Take all of the aforementioned and toss in an unhealthy dose of trying to be that influencer that can garner the most attention, clicks and followers.

Civil discourse is frowned upon, seen as a form of weakness, enabling toxic masculinity to rise to the fore. To own someone is the objective with any amount of pain you can inflict along the way just icing on the cake. Indeed, we are surrounded by all manner of sociopaths.

All the best,
Nonoise