Any recommendation for a CD changer?

I have an Aiwa modded by Stan Warren. Unfortunately cats finally tore up the optical cable from the CDP to my DAC. Unless someone has an idea where to get the parts for the cable or to find the cable itself I'll probably need the new CDP. Thanks. 

bobby_phischer

It's not toslink nor coax. It's Stan Warren's proprietary digital cable. With the 2.1mm micro jack ...with two wires connected to Led light. Can't find that part, otherwise I'd solder it myself. 

Onkyo is the only brand (that I am aware of) that still makes a CD changer.

If you want to shop used, you can pick up a Sony ES changer off Ebay for dirt cheap. They're pretty much bulletproof.

you can find an integra cdc cheaply on ebay--reliable and sounds pretty good. sony es was also a good suggestion.

Is the cable hardwired to the changer, or does it plug in?

If hardwired desolder the complete cable/LED(S) and send the whole thing to someone for a rebuild.

If it plugs in do the same.

DeKay

Onkyo has been making the DXC-360 a long time...I have one, and a few years ago bought a new Integra 3.4 , Onkyo’s upscale version...both play great, are reliable, and sound quite good run through an outboard DAC...fun to have around, and cheap enough that it is not a choice between streaming or a multi disc...sometimes it’s easier to load the multi disc player