Ultrasonic cleaning

How many of you are ultrasonic cleaning your records and what solution are you using? I have a Kirmuss ultrasonic machine and I am currently using Tergikleen solution with distilled water. Have some Audio Intelligence ultrasonic solution on order to try. I can tell a big difference with noisy records lowering the noise floor. 

lnitm

@lnitm   I use an ultrasonic machine with a tank of Distilled water, a cap full of Spin-Clean washer fluid MK3, about 2 drops of Mr. Clean and a 1/2 cap full of Kodak Photo-Flo 200.  The photo-flo causes the water to sheet off without any spotting.  Taking the arm out of the water bath, I can rest the LP on it's edge sitting on a towel.  Bone dry in about 15 minutes.  I find I can clean many LPs before I need to change the water.  My one no break rule is never let anything touch the surface of the LP after it has been cleaned.  NOTHING.  😆

I use 2 methods, It’s a process but Amazing results, I pre clean using the vinyl vac method, in small glass bowl with a painters foam brush for applying and painters edger with soft bristles for lightly scrubbing around the record using distilled water, 1ml of Ilford Ilfotol, and 2ml 99.99% Lab grade isopropyl alcohol. Vacuum it off then distilled rinse and vacuum dry then in the 6l vevor with distilled water and 5 ml Ilford (degas for 30 minutes) then put the record in for 20 minutes then distilled rinse using separate foam brush and vacuum dry. New records I do 2 at a time, estate sale or Salvation army I do only 1 at a time. I wait until i have at least 10 records to clean. It’s time consuming but I enjoy it. As long as there is no actual damage to the grooves I get jaw dropping results.  I do not use the heat setting as the cavitation from the degas heats it up to 30 degrees Celsius which is 86 Fahrenheit. Hottest it gets after a batch of cleaning is 90F which is fine for LP records.

I use Klaudio's ultrasonic machine and distilled water and that suffices for the vast bulk of my LPs. For the occasional used LP that is in really bad shape, I have a Nitty-Gritty machine and use Record Doctor fluid.

The beauty of the Klaudio machine is that it is a one-step process: Simply place the LP in the machine and walk away - you'll have a clean, dry record when the cycle is finished.

Same here, ultrasonic cleaning, distilled water with tergikleen, 20 drops to the gallon.

I use a Klaudio machine and add three drops of Kodak Photoflo to my water tank. My water is both softened due to where we live and also reverse osmosis filtered.