The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
Montana WAS's. Heard them and was really impressed with the seamlessness of the cross-overs; the midrange clarity; and the deep, realistic bass that extends evenly toward the midrange. Had to buy them. They are not even broken in yet and they continue to astonish me every day. I can't believe how clear the cymbals and vocals are!

Someday, I'd love to be able to hear all of the speakers referenced above (that would be a noble quest). In the meantime, I'm plenty thrilled with these. If any of you are ever in the Charlotte, NC area, drop me a note.
Dunlavy SC IV-A's. Great clarity and soundstage. Excellent bass. Huge speakers but sweet music!
AR-2Ax pushed with a Fisher 500C, in 1964. First time I ever heard Stereo, nothing has made such an impact on me since.
Heard all speakers here accept the Piega's and the Wisdom's. I would not trade my Talon Khorus's for any of them that I have heard. Period. I have some frieds and collegues that have the Piegas and say the same thing with very similar equitment that I am using, but my sound is so good that I am now not thinking of what the next upgrade will be-I am looking for new music that blows my socks, pants, and shirt off! The Talon's with the right equiptment are simply amazing, but must be matched with the right stuff to your liking. Highly recommended. And for those bass junkies out there they are unmatched in there ability to go low and then simply go away-SPEED...And play at concert levels if you have the amp...
jbl 4412's in a studio in burbank playing a newly mastered cd whose music was mastered using a similar type monitor 30 years before. i guess thats why the pros dig'em.