W4S DAC

There's always a lot of talk about DACs with most revolving around names like Denefrips, Gustard, T&A, Weiss, Border Patrol and many others, but I see no mention of the Wyred 4 Sound DAC and in particular the 10th anniversary edition. Even a quick search of the forum doesn't bring much up in the last couple of years.

It is competitively priced, made in the USA and it was well reviewed at the time (2018)

Has anyone compared this DAC to the newer ones most that are most mentioned here? Maybe technology has surpassed a DAC that is now 5 years past its prime?

128x128navyachts

I have a top of the line wyred4sound preamp, but a Gustard X26 PRO dac. China does lead the pack in "affordable" quality dacs imo.

@wturkey - that's an old timer!

@jacobsdad2000 - I see that, it should be updated to the 15th anniversary edition.

@jbuhl - Had the same zone player as well, great little unit.

@audioman58 +1

A strong argument in favor of the W4S products is that the technical support is exceptional. I had what I thought was an issue with my W4S DAC and sent an email on a weekend evening, expecting to get a reply early the next week. Within an hour EJ Sarmento, the president of W4S, called me and talked me through correcting a mistake I'd made in the setup.