Vienna Acoustics Liszt - Fad or Future?

I just read a review on the Vienna Acoustics Imperial Liszt. The reviewer like them (don't they always), but I don't know about the movable head unit. It could be the future of speakers, or just a fad. Speaker purists are likely to say it's just a marketing gimmick.

At $15k list, they are not cheap. I have a pair of VA Beethoven Grands and like them - a lot. But I don't know about the Liszts, it could be the next Edsel.

Thoughts?
ben77059
According to the review, the upper bass driver is actually a midbass. There might be phase issues by pointing the upper unit in a different direction.

This is from the manufacturer's website:

"The two lower units produce the lowest bass, working in parallel, while the single driver provides ideal transition to the midrange driver."

So I'm not sure having the two sections face in different directions is a good thing.

Shakey
There are three drivers in the bass unit. I think VA is referring to the topmost one of them. The larger driver in the head unit is a true midrange.
Yes, I know the larger driver in the head unit is the midrange. But the uppermost driver in the lower cabinet is NOT a woofer. It WILL be directional.

Shakey
Not sure if it is a fad or not. All I know is that I have been listening to a lot of speakers lately and this particular model is very musical and hits all the right emotional buttons. The upper head doesn't need to be adjusted very much, perhaps 1/4 of an inch or so turned inward, to really make this speaker sing. I have been comparing it to the speakers from the following companies up to $30k...Focal, Wilson, Vandersteen, Magico, Rockport, Linn, Harbeth, B&W, Sonus Faber. So far it is my favorite of the bunch for the emotional connection and all around performance. There is a new line coming out for Focal in May to bridge the gap to the Utopia line and I want to hear the new Devore Gibbons X and the Dali Epicon 6&8.
I totally agree with Goose, and I am not pushing this speaker for any marketing purposes or anything else, I don’t have any affiliations with any dealers, just really like what these speakers bring out - emotion in music, natural timber and openness. You get the feeling that you surrounded by very natural, not irritating sound. Strongly recommended.