Bookshelf Speakers with the decent bass

Looking for the bookshelf speakers with the decent bass that would sound nice in 17'x 12' room. Listening preference:
Smooth/Uptempo Jazz; Acoustic Jazz and Ambiental music.
So far I am using Focal 807W Speakers and the NAD C356DAC.
Good sound, just missing "that" lover bass (hate sub woofers).
I really like how NAD sounds, especially after I replaced the
stock Pre/Amp jumpers. Nice open highs.
Or, should I try Floor standing speakers. Thank you in advance
on yours opinions.
topten
I will second the Ref3A de Capos, surprising bass for a smallish speaker and damn fine sounding
zd's first post on the original subject to break down : Or, should I try Floor standing speakers. Thank you in advance on yours opinions.
Topten (Threads | Answers | This Thread)"

I think a floor standing speaker would be a much better way to go. See if you can audition a pair of Vansersteen Model 1's. They're very easy to drive and the bass is in a different league than what you have now. If for some reason, you don't like them, listen to some Monitor Audio floor standers. The silver series is very nice. That said, the Model 1's are hard to beat. You should like them.

"the bass is in a different league than what you have now " zd ,Speaking in absolutes
"that said the model 1's are hard to beat . You should like them". How do you have any idea if he will like them ? He should like them ? One of the dumbest statements i have read recently . I could dissect zd's posts for hours and bring to light the terrible suggestions ,but only so much time in the day .
((I think that a lot of people (myself included) are tired of your habit of using a discourse on any subject as an excuse for being abusive. You alternate between bad puns and nasty jabs.
Maplegrove )))

WTF
First of all lets be fair "think Logic ,facts and experience"
I look at ZD posts and think he is pretty much spot on 98 percent of the time. If you had the experience it would all make more sense to you.
Perhaps if you can get past emotional pride response and stay open minded you may just learn something.
We need more folks that speak from their own real challenges, discoveries,and errors instead of confused jargon emotional response on how to get there from what he said, she said on someone else's rig.
JohnnyR
Hi John,
I know you, and have purchased from you, and have sat with you and had a number of very pleasant and enjoyable discussions while listening to music (usually on Vandersteens), and you have taught me a great deal without any of the confrontational crap that Zd spouts on a regular basis.
If you go back to the earlier part of this thread, he started up when I suggested that the OP check out "The Clue" speaker, which I admit I have never heard. Read his response, and then tell me his posts are instructive.
As I said, I think a number of members are probably tired of his poor attitude.
John