Interesting videos about sounds and music

I thyought it would be an  interesting thread idea to put together any interesting videos about sound and music ...

No songs or music videos please... Only documentary one short or long...

128x128mahgister

Why non-audiophiles don't like hi-fi audio sound?

There are natural sounds (human voice, dog barking, baby crying, water flowing, etc.) and unnatural sounds. Human can’t hear a natural and unnatural sounds together simultaneously. If they are presented at the same time, the human ears must choose one of them. Audiophiles can switch back and forth (extremely fast) between natural and unnatural sounds due to years of practice with their audio systems. However, most people (non-audiophiles) ears are almost in natural sound mode.

In below video, if I didn’t say "hello", you could hear both (L & R) speakers fine with automatic audiophile’s ear adjustment. But saying "hello" (natural sound) holds your ears to stay in a natural sound mode and you are hearing what non-audiophiles hear.

The both speakers in videos were same sounding speakers. The right speaker is converted to a natural sound speaker by me. The left speaker is untouched. Almost all speakers (include $million speakers) in the world sound/behave like the left speaker.

Piano (Natural vs. Unnatural sound)

Orchestra (Natural vs. Un-natural sound)

Alex/Wavetouch

Interesting but i am not sure to understand clearly your point... But your youtube site seems very interesting ... The matter interest me a lot...And you seems to work hard on this matter.. 😊

My best to you...

Why non-audiophiles don't like hi-fi audio sound?

There are natural sounds (human voice, dog barking, baby crying, water flowing, etc.) and unnatural sounds. Human can’t hear a natural and unnatural sounds together simultaneously. If they are presented at the same time, the human ears must choose one of them. Audiophiles can switch back and forth (extremely fast) between natural and unnatural sounds due to years of practice with their audio systems. However, most people (non-audiophiles) ears are almost in natural sound mode.

In below video, if I didn’t say "hello", you could hear both (L & R) speakers fine with automatic audiophile’s ear adjustment. But saying "hello" (natural sound) holds your ears to stay in a natural sound mode and you are hearing what non-audiophiles hear.

The both speakers in videos were same sounding speakers. The right speaker is converted to a natural sound speaker by me. The left speaker is untouched. Almost all speakers (include $million speakers) in the world sound/behave like the left speaker.

Piano (Natural vs. Unnatural sound)

Orchestra (Natural vs. Un-natural sound)

Alex/Wavetouch

Hey,

I've posted here thread none answered about an experimental music.

Let me tell ya, if I had this VHC or DVD I would NEVER sell it and take it with me to bite dust!

https://youtu.be/nKPFggCNt_o?si=T9dBiD5E_c00MwTn

@8th-note: Agreed, I have the Tom Dowd video on DVD. While his recorded sound quality isn’t in the top tier, he worked with producer Jerry Wexler on some of my favorite albums. They include all the recordings the two made in Muscle Shoals for Atlantic Records (Wexler was the in-house producer for the label)---Aretha, Wilson Pickett, Dusty Springfield, Otis Redding, as well as the Derek & The Dominos album. Dowd had earlier been the recording engineer on a great many early R & B hits of the 50’s and 60’s, artists like Ray Charles and a lot of the vocal R & B groups. And as if that isn’t enough, he recorded some of the Jazz greats like Coltrane, Monk, and Charlie Parker.

Having tried to copy it in the 60's I've always found the opening chord to The Beatles "A Hard Day's Night" fascinating.

The following video sounds about right, but not certain if it's 100%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP6daMR7Dps

DeKay