Paradigm 3f vs 120h

Hi all,

I've got a pair of prestige 75f which I love but looking for a speaker that fills my 18x22 foot room a bit more. I'm considering the persona 3f but am intrigued by the new founder 120h, which is about the same price.  Has anyone compared the two?

average_joe

we sell both the founders are excellent the personas are far better the only area the 120s are  better only in deep bass

Dave and Troy

audio intellect nj

Paradigm dealers

@perryleros Yes, they are more laid back.  I own the 120s, they are outstanding.  I found the personas very bright. 

@perryleros

I figured I would elaborate a bit more.

In the past I’ve not loved Paradigm Speakers. There have been some I’ve liked, but found something that bothered me, typically in the high end. But I always like to keep an open mind.

The Founder series to me are easily the best they have produced. The soundstage is huge, they are detailed and accurate but are not bright, nor metallic. The dynamics are outstanding. I find the personas to just be way too bright for any extended listening.

With the 120’s… the bass, the bass, the bass. After running ARC it’s deep, accurate, punchy etc. Plus, it really cleans up the mids and highs (by cleaning up the low end, the mids and highs just seem to follow). I’m very impressed with these speakers.

I would however say they put you in the first 10 rows of a concert (but I tend to listen a tad loud). They are not bright or aggressive, but they are a bit forward.

@dep14 Thanks for taking the time to describe your experience with these.
I might be off topic a bit but I had a similar experience to you but with Klipsch.

I always had Klipsch my whole life, and something kept bothering me. Specifically the latest RF7 iii. They are never harsh or bright. Suprisingly it seems really toned down and you can never say they are bright or harsh but somehow after listening for more than 10-15minutes I get tired. Fatiguing but couldn’t tell why. Only in music.

Decided to sell and ordered a pair of the Paradigm Founder 100f.
auditioned them recently with an STR integrated, and was shocked at how much better music sounded! Decided to go with the 100f since I already have 2 high end subwoofers and also a strong amplifier to handle their bass drivers (Parasound JC5).

I haven’t received my founders yet. I really hope they keep up at really loud volumes for movie watching. Regardless, for music they are the best sounding speakers I ever heard.

(And I have also compared them to B&W 700 series, Martin Logan Motion XT F200, KEF R11 Meta)

Can’t wait.