End of life for Vandersteen IICe?

Hey guys, I have a pair of Vandersteen 2Ce’s that were blown out by a house sitter. To the best of my diagnosing ability, multiple drivers are blown and the crossovers are toast. They are cosmetically in extremely good condition. They’ve been replaced by a pair of Vandersteen 3A’s. Any advice on what I can do with them short of taking them to the landfill?? I cringe at the idea of doing that but I’m getting pretty tired of seeing them sitting around. I’d be happy if a hobbyist was willing to pay the shipping to work on them (which I am not interested in doing). I have the original boxes.

Also have the factory stands which I suppose are pretty marketable.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions.

cantarkus

Thanks everybody for the useful suggestions. Really appreciate it! Wolfie, I will message you directly.

Jayant, I forgot to answer your question. They were blown out by a pair of Adcom GFA555s that are in bi-amped/bi-wired configuration.

I once blew a midrange driver on my 2CE Signature II and good thing Vandersteen sold me a new midrange driver, installed it myself and all is good now, it has been over ten years now and my 2CE Signature II still sounding great today.

Wow. All drivers and crossovers?!!! I also would like to know what caused it.  I would think anything this catastrophic would take out the Adcoms too. 

I would list them as Come Get Them Free.   Someone out there (close to you) would not mind tinkering with them.  I have drivers.  Can buy a crossovers.  Building or shipping the boxes as nice as the 2ce's is a problem for me.  Of course, won't sound like a 2ce.

I had a pair of the original Model 2s. When the drivers went out I gutted the interior enclosures and made Bass traps out of them using material from ATS Acoustics.