Vandersteen Quatro CT

This speaker has been available for several months and by some reports is quite special. Anyone have a chance to listen to one? Impressions compared to other Vandy speakers?

Thanks!
128x128karl_desch
You might not want to listen to the latest generation Thiels. They bear no resemblance visually or functionally to any prior Thiel speakers and are the product of a new designer. To me they look more like something Revel would put out. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but I don't consider a speaker with a "multi-order" crossover a real Thiel product. Why Jim didn't take the time to groom another engineer to continue his legacy is a mystery to me. To me Thiel as a speaker is gone (except that they presently apparently still sell some legacy models) and now exists in name only. Sad because there are so few true time/phase coherent loudspeakers left on the market.
Very nice point- Soix
yes, Revel is total crap indeed. The Vandy CT models are on my list, as, I am hoping they have been improved. Until that day comes/goes Thiel are still my reference. And yes, there are very few time/phase coherent loudspeakers left.

Happy Listening!
By the way, Karl, Overture has been carrying Vandys for many, many years. They will probably set up the Quatros with the big Sim Audio integrated. If you go there, check out the Blue Sound Audio equipment. I bought the Vault 14 months ago and it's the only source I use now. Ask for T.J. as he is the Blue Sound expert.
Yeah Tomryan, I contacted them yesterday. Keith told me they have been a Vandersteen dealer for a year and a half. I have not been to their new location. I was pretty turned off to Overture after an experience I had there trying to buy a Linn Akurate DS. But I need to re-engage. Having a local dealer could be a big advantage when it come to setting up speakers.

I will get to the new store soon to listen to the Quatros. I think they should match well with the Pass XA 30.5 I use, but I might have to haul that amp in as well!

Thanks again for the heads up.
It's a good idea to take in your amp. I remember going to Overture years (10-15?) ago and them having Vandersteen. Maybe they stopped for a while
and then started again. Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else!