Shinjitsu Audio

I've been seeing ads for Shinjitsu Audio speakers lately. They sound promising with the Heil tweeters.
Does anyone have any experience they can share?
hillbilly559

Some quick notes on the Little Hiro.  I love to experience different flavors in audio. These are wonderfully different from what I have in the rotation.  They are fast, really dynamic,and throw a huge soundstage.  Like I said in an earlier post, I feel like I’ve moved up closer to the band.  The music is detailed,but not clinical.  If this is their entry level,there is no way I wouldn’t love any of Shinjitsu’s upstream models.  
  Ray 

Hello Ray,

Thank you for the astute observations of our Little Hiros. The larger speakers present a larger soundstage with a more refined upper midrange and lower treble due to the more advanced compression drivers and larger horns. The bass extends deeper as well due to the backloaded horn design of the full-size Hiros and the much larger Mark Audio main driver on the Hiro 6.5. We have a new Hiro 8 in the works that are a 3-way design: Compression/horn combo from 2K up plus a 4-inch Mark Audio main driver bolstered by an 8-inch powered subwoofer in a stackable cabinet design. It will be similar to our discontinued model BosuHiro but more refined.

I thought I would pop in with an update.  I’ve had the Little Hiro’s since Nov. 22.

I have at least 300 hrs on these.  They have found a home in my secondary system.  They are being driven by a First Watt F5, an Aric Audio Unlimited pre,a Wyred4sound dac1, Blusound Node 2, and an old Onkyo c7030 CD player.  My wife goes to bed relatively early,so I do a lot of listening downstairs,where I can be a little more liberal with the volume.  
     I have settled on the one ohm resistors for the horns. These work best for my listening space.  I have a pair of old HSU stf 1’s. They aren’t the best,but they work pretty well. The crossovers are set at 70hz. I’ve been tinkering for a few months,and again, this works best in my listening space.  
       These,being my first horn tweeter speakers,have truly impressed me. Great detail,and very quick,lively, but not over done.  The soundstage is wide and deep. Which I really love. I’ve thought about upgrading the compression tweeter, a recommendation from Morris,the manufacturer. At this point,I can’t find anything that is urging me to upgrade.  That’s all I have right now,thanks for reading.

Ray 

More to discover