what cd player ?

looking for suggestions for a cd player in the $1k -1300 range.

innersound300

Hi,

I have tried different cd players. Naim cd5xs, Marantz cd 6005, Cambridge cxc, and Roksan caspian m2 cd. Naim and Roksan are better, very close. If your amplifier has balanced input, Roksan caspian has got balanced output and the sound is really better with it compared with the Naim and its rca connections. The Roksan matchs very good with my Luxman 590 axII.

Well, I have owned the Audiolab CDT6000 for about a year shy a couple months and it has this weird tendency to skip once in a while. The disc usually is pristine and strangely can be played again with no trouble. While its rare and getting more rare as time passes, it bugs me whenever it happens. Like someone banging on the window outside out of the blue. Very jarring. It was a demo from Audio Advisor and they told me within 30 days to return but its so infrequent I kept hoping time would heal all. Any ideas? It does play faultlessly some old CD's that have no business being near a player. The mechanism somehow gets in a wad temporarily. I will assume its a one off since no else reports problems.... 

Maybe try treating the edge of your CDs with the audiophile green marker tweak and see if that helps?