What are your favorite songs or albums for illustrating a deep soundstage?

I’m optimizing my seating position and speaker position in my room and need some new musical selections to use as a reference for projecting depth well beyond the speakers. What are your top choices?

Bonus points if they are available on Qobuz or Tidal, though vinyl record suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance!

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xblisshifi

@blisshifi 

What happens to the image when the tweeter array is on on the inside (switching the left and right positions)? I would expect less toe in would be required and a a much better focus of the image but with the narrowing of the sweet spot.

@danager What you suggest is true for Magnepans, which I confirmed when I had them on the floor last year, but I believe these speakers may have different results to the design of the line array midrange drivers inherently having a very narrow dispersion pattern. T+A has recommended not to have the tweeters on the inside. My assumption is that there may be too strong of a treble response and the mids may not properly hit the ears due to the narrow dispersion. I would anticipate the crossover points would also be different, but I haven’t compared. Perhaps when I have some time I will experiment and see!

@danager and @blisshifi: One of the "tricks" with some Maggies (many line source designs, in fact) is to adjust toe-in so that the midrange and tweeter drivers are in phase with each other. In the manual for my Tympani T-IVa's, Magnepan advises how to do it, as that model's crossover does not compensate for lack of driver time-alignment.  

Reference track suggestions:

On by LA Priest from their Fase Luna album. It’s a little psychedelic which is reflective within the soundstage.

Aht Uh Mi Hed by Rahill from Sun Songs.

Bubbles by Yosi Horikawa from his Wandering album, but I think this had been suggested (maybe not?).