Downsizing: Separates>Integrated --PSAudio>Pass Labs

Moving soon to a smaller space. 

Currently have PS Audio BHK 300's and a BHK Pre Amp.

Keeping this stuff in new space will work but have begun thinking about going with an integrated amp.

Any thoughts on going from my PSAudio separates to a Pass Labs Int-250?

Thank you

128x128phishhhhh4

jjss49

Thank you. Good point.

My speakers are Vandersteen Treo CT

space is a med size room.

The INT-60 is pretty attractive given the price difference vs. the INT 250.

Any thoughts on driving the Vandersteens with the 60 vs 250?

honest answer is i don’t know.... the pass integrateds do have a little less headroom than their sister power amps (int60 vs xa30.8 for instance)... depends a lot on how loud you listen - but since you’re coming from the bhk300 monos i sense you are used to having alot of power... maybe safer to get the larger amp -- the treos are rather inefficient (85 db/w/m) but present a fairly reasonable/middling impedance load (6 ohm nominal, 3 ohm min) to the amp

i would concur with others saying that big pass amps do get quite pricey, and if getting best value for $ is a priority, i personally would try a hegel h390 or 590 (with perhaps a tube staged dac)... they sound uber clean and lovely, if a little leaner than the pass ... stepping back from the specific amp, if you go to a straight solid state integrated you will need to replicate the tubed input stage of the bhk’s elsewhere else in the chain to maintain a similar tonality i suspect

Accuphase.  Broad range of options.  Ability to add high quality DAC and Phono Stage cards. Moderate high price (especially in US). Will last a lifetime.