Downsizing: Separates>Integrated --PSAudio>Pass Labs

Moving soon to a smaller space. 

Currently have PS Audio BHK 300's and a BHK Pre Amp.

Keeping this stuff in new space will work but have begun thinking about going with an integrated amp.

Any thoughts on going from my PSAudio separates to a Pass Labs Int-250?

Thank you

128x128phishhhhh4

@hheedah  the Musical Fidelity M6si was definitely my other choice! A solid piece of gear and it does everything so right. I may end up getting one for my man cave system that would benefit from the extra power the M6 has. The other I was considering was the Anthem STR. Can’t go wrong with either one. 
Picking up the Margules hit all my happy buttons tho. The smooth liquid sound being primary of course. Also that it’s a bit unusual and IMO pretty to look at. (who ever said this hobby was logical?)

If you're into liquidity of sound making for a smooth rendition, the Belles Signature Integrated may float your boat.

jjss49

Thank you. Good point.

My speakers are Vandersteen Treo CT

space is a med size room.

The INT-60 is pretty attractive given the price difference vs. the INT 250.

Any thoughts on driving the Vandersteens with the 60 vs 250?

honest answer is i don’t know.... the pass integrateds do have a little less headroom than their sister power amps (int60 vs xa30.8 for instance)... depends a lot on how loud you listen - but since you’re coming from the bhk300 monos i sense you are used to having alot of power... maybe safer to get the larger amp -- the treos are rather inefficient (85 db/w/m) but present a fairly reasonable/middling impedance load (6 ohm nominal, 3 ohm min) to the amp

i would concur with others saying that big pass amps do get quite pricey, and if getting best value for $ is a priority, i personally would try a hegel h390 or 590 (with perhaps a tube staged dac)... they sound uber clean and lovely, if a little leaner than the pass ... stepping back from the specific amp, if you go to a straight solid state integrated you will need to replicate the tubed input stage of the bhk’s elsewhere else in the chain to maintain a similar tonality i suspect

Accuphase.  Broad range of options.  Ability to add high quality DAC and Phono Stage cards. Moderate high price (especially in US). Will last a lifetime.