Bang for the buck

Hi all, I'm looking to get some feedback on great value/sound used speakers for a 14x11.5' room in an apartment. Are there any suggestions from audiosciencereview or your own experience that mate great sound with excellent value on the used market? I recently found a pair of Salk speakers at a good price, but their frequency response is the only measurement graph I can find. Plus, I wonder if a large part of that speaker price is due to the cost of the cabinet and its elaborate finish. I'm looking to put my money towards the music more than the cabinet jewelry finishes. (I'm on a budget <$2k). Thanks for any recommendations 

128x128labguy

With speakers in particular, it's best to hear them yourself, with your amplification or perhaps what you hope to get!  There are so many good speakers in your price range, and they all sound different.

Some bigger makers, like KEF, have several lines with different goals in terms of quality & looks.  You might prefer smaller stand mounts in an apartment.  The small Q series speakers are in the $600-800/pair range, with the towers more like $1500-2200.

I think the Quad S series speakers are good value on the used market.  There is a pair of S-5 on here for $2.2K. brand new in box

@james633 I had Kef r3 , buchardt s400 mkii se, and Arendal on my radar too. So many to pick from. Heard some monitor audio gold I liked but they are out of budget. It's going to be impossible to listen to all the options that interest me, and my current setup seems to exceed its price point of being so affordable. I'm pretty sure I'll need to triple my spend to noticeably know it's worth the improvement. I like the sound I have now. I just know it can be better. Having apartment neighbors necessitating lower than my desired volume level is a buzz kill too by the way.