2023 AXPONA Show Report

Here's all the Exhibitors at this year's show  

https://axpona.com/exhibitors

You all got to hear the all new Mon Acoustic Supermon Isobaric Speakers and Sanctus Cables, they must be heard to be believed ! They will at Booth 646 at this Show !

Who's going to this Show ?

rick2000

I live in Chicago and will be going to Axpona, as I did last year.  My first time I was disappointed by the horrible SQ in the little hotel rooms used by most vendors.  The big rooms on the main floor are a different matter.  Nonetheless it is worth it to see in person such a huge variety of high-end equipment, and to speak to the many company professionals (in addition to the marketing folks) who find it worthwhile to come to such a show.

A word to out-of-town visitors, though.  Many people in for a convention come downtown or to the Near North (Rush Street area).  Aside from the traffic (which can get really bad on a Friday or Saturday night - there are lane closures on the inbound Kennedy), things have gotten dangerous.  Carjacking and armed robberies are way up, especially in the areas you might likely come to.  Flash mobs show up in warmer weather and the new mayor is a police defunder.  Just saying.

@kenjit  -  so you’re saying the show organizers should demo their products in YOUR living room because that is the only environment you are ‘familiar’ with ?  I’ve got plenty of tools in my toolboxes, none quite like you.  

Schaumburg is a safe area.Very quiet. Ozzy take 294 all the way... You can avoid bad areas.weather will be nice.

I've been to MANY of these shows over the years including Axpona, Rocky Mountain and numerous shows in Southern California. I'm grateful they put on these shows! Not only does it give me an opportunity to see and hear the equipment, I can also make comparisons and talk to equipment reps and other experts in the audio field including other show attendees. I usually don't make any new purchases until after I attend the show to check things out. I'm not put off by some rooms sounding bad. It's a difficult audio environment in some of these rooms and I always take that in consideration! Also, I take advantage of show specials when possible and some vendors sell their demo units at these shows.