Simaudio 340 i hard to beat for the $$

I have a bit of a dilemma in that I’m having a hard time moving from my Simaudio 340 i. I absolutely love this integrated except I wish the sound stage was wider. I was considering getting a 600 i but after extensive research people are saying 600 is not like the 340 and I see a lot of people sell the 600. Owners of the 600 I told me they were disappointed in the unit. For some reason the 340 i is unique to the Simaudio line up. I was interested in the Luxman 550 MK2 but after speaking to a Sonus Faber dealer with good knowledge of the brand he believes that class A will not have the dynamics required to drive my speakers as Sonus Faber are known to be power hungry. He suggested staying with class A/B. I had a class A tube amplifier and yes, I agree it was lacking the punch of the 340. My problem is my budget in the used market for a solution is $5-6000. Current setup is:

Sonus Faber Minima Amator 2

Lumin U1 mini with SBooster

Denafrips Venus 2

Simaudio 340 i

I’m looking for something laid back, detailed, smooth and punchy like the 340 but with a bigger soundstage. Does it even exist at 5/6 k (CAN BTW)

I’ve had Hegel 390/360 and it didn’t impress me.

Accuphase E370? Luxman 507?

128x128dman1974

Looking at your avatar you need a lot of help with setup and room treatments. 

@dman1974 

"Maybe if you don’t have anything to add to this maybe go find another chat where you can insult people and exercise your audiophile superiority on someone else. "

I don't understand how you interpreted such a seemingly good-hearted jibe as a personal attack on your character, but you aren't the victim here.

@tony1954

I don’t understand how you interpreted such a seemingly good-hearted jibe as a personal attack on your character

+1. Seems an over reaction. Admittedly, people do infer things differently.

Charles

I like Moon products- I agree with some of @ghdprentice  comments that you may want a bigger jump. 

The 340i is a great value for the dollar and the 600i is wonderful sounding but not sure if it’s just an incremental versus step change. I don’t think there’s a better solution of an integrated amp from Pass at the price point for the 600i but that’s merely my opinion…

I think you might be better served exploring an amp and using the 340i as a preamp. The option I’d test is the new Audio Research integrated. Tube is different and ARC is very dynamic and excellent sound stage