Integrated Amp Shopping Decisions

Looking to replace my 1987 NAD 1240 preamp and Adcom 535ll. They have served me well for years but are now both very long in the tooth and probably time for caps but not interested in investing as it would be a poor investment to update them. So I am looking to go integrated. Have a Technics 1210GR and Music Hall 7 so vinyl is a given. Also need USB for my Dead flac files.  So my needs are decent MM phone preamp, USB and can run either RCA or coax out from my Rotel Tribute CD.   Don't really need Bluetooth. Preferable to have tone controls. I am looking at a new speaker purchase which may likely be Wharfedale Lintons or Evos.  Price point around $1800 max.

So, I have a list of possibles.  Cambridge CXA81 but no tone controls or phonestage so not sure about this one, Parasound HINT6 preowned puts me $1800 (Its got the phono and DAC, ) Bel Canto C5i gives me phono and DAC (if I can find preowned) Rogue Sphinx (plus add Schitt Mani DAC) Musical Fidelity M5si (preowned), Yamaha S801 gets good reviews but lower price scares me.  Any contenders I am missing?  Thoughts?

vinyljones1

I own both the Rogue Shinx V3 and a Yamaha A-S701 which is the same as the 801 regarding amplification and phonostage however the DACs are different. 

The Rogue is superior sonically and has a better phonostage. 

Also the Outlaw may be a viable option. 

What about the new NAD C3050LE integrated?  Since you have a NAD now you can stay 'in the family' so to say.

It's just a smidge over your budget at $1972 new.

The MF is a good choice, too, imo.

Good responses. Sounds like the Rogue may be the one. I saw the one listed. I would add the Modi+ for USB and Toslink.  In response to erik t, I thought about the NAD but don't think the NAD today is the same company. I did buy an NAD disc player about 12 years ago which promptly died after two years so I am leary of taking another chance on them.  Regarding the Rotel, I did think of Rotel as the Tribute disc player I have has so far proven a nice unit. Great sound and ability to bypass internal DAC.  

I'm in Northeast Fl and have House of Stereo in Jax and Salon1 in Ormond Beach but neither carry what I am considering so it's gonna end up a hail Mary purchase.

Anyone shed light on sonics between the Parasound, Rogue or Musical Fidelity or Rotel? Never heard of Outlaw. 

Well maybe they are a little old school but I have always had great luck the UK made integrated amplifiers, like from Naim, Rega, Croft. They are built smaller but they can pack a real punch and sound really fine.