Lyra and OMA

My first endeavor into moving coil. I’m thinking of a Lyra Kleos MC Cart and OMA SUT. Anyone want to speak to that. Please?

Bent

128x128michaellent

@jcarr , Way to go Johnathan. You have designed what is to my ear the finest cartridge I have ever listened to in my system. My other cartridges are fine units but one does not match with my phono stage well and the other while having more gain rounds over the details just enough to lessen the frisson. The Altas SL has a way of sounding very detailed without any edge whatsoever. The ascending violin of Vaughn Williams The Lark Ascending brings tears to eyes. I have never heard it reproduced this accurately without any pain. The same holds true for female voices. I have no words to describe the reproduction of #21 "In Trutina" of Orff's Carmina Burana. 

Thank You, 

Mike

@JCarr - thanks a lot for advice! I am now testing added mass to my SME V arm with Lyra Atlas. Ca 5g at the top of the headshell, 30g on top of the counterweight. This way, I did not have to screw the counterweight further back. I am using coins fastened with bluetac. VTF at ca 1.71g. Initial results: interesting. Some more bass. A sense of stability. Less hard/harsh treble, maybe. Sound a bit more soft, perhaps. Must test more. No clear minus so far - the cart tracks a warped LP ok. I should probably fine-tune weight,  oil chamber damping, etc. I wonder, are other SME/Lyra users trying this modification?