Tannoy Yorkminster vs Canterbury

Hello
I am looking for opinions comparing the Tannoy Yorkminster vs the Canterbury from those who have heard them. I had hoped to get some Westminster's but looks like my room is not going to be big enough for them, so I am specifically looking at these. Now, I know that the Yorkminster has a lower bass response, which I am interested in, however, I have read that the mid is not as sweet as the Canterbury... Is this actually so or possibly a "break in" issue? I listen to a wide range of music with classic jazz and classic rock being the major majority and classical being a significant minority. I currently have Quad ESL's (up for sale) so mid clarity and detail is very important to me, yet having said that, the lack of bass from the Quad's is exactly the reason for my speaker change. I have heard smaller Tannoys in the past (and LOVED the sound) but am unable to hear either of these before purchase unfortunately. I will be using them with Atma-Sphere MA-1 OTL amps and custom Audio Note DAC, along with phono frontend.
Thank you, in advance, for thoughtful response.
128x128grateful
Thank you guys much for the thoughtful response. Sounds like a confirmation of what I had heard previously. I reckon I will work out a deal for Canterbury's.

Does anyone know exactly what the improvements were going to GR from SE line?
GR vs. SE: The crossover parts are further upgraded and cryogenically treated.
The compression driver (tweeter) diaphragm and surround is updated to a
new material (should have better extension up top). The woofer cone material
has gone from all paper fibers to a blend of synthetic and paper fibers.
Supposedly these upgrades are trickle-down from the Kingdom Royal project.
Finally, the fit & finish is higher quality.

Sonically, I have no first-hand experience here. A while ago I read another
guy's brief SE vs. GR comparative account on another forum -- he said that
the Canterbury GR sounded more "open" than the SE; he clearly
preferred the GR and bought them. I forget whether this was the same guy
that quickly upgraded to Westminster GR, which of course he reported as
more MOAR better :)

Personally, I'd much rather have a Westminster (GR or SE) than the Kingdom
Royal.
thank you.

I had read some forums a while back of people upgrading the crossover caps and stuff to open them up... Hopefully Tannoy has fixed this.

I agree, I would rather have the Prestige line than the Kingdoms. I know the Westminster is the flagship of the Prestige line but does not look like I will be able to fit them properly in my room... Too narrow.

But, I cannot believe that I will be missing anything (given my restraints) as only organ really gets that low. I just will not be able to ever listen to Westminsters - ignorance is bliss, right?! haha

Anyway, just ordered a pair -- WOOHOO!!!! cannot wait
Grateful, congratulations, I'm very happy for you! You're going to love them.

Regards,
Dan
Congrats man -- I was so exited to get my Canterbury SE, and it turned out very well...your GR will be even better!