Apple Classical Music launching

The Grammophone reports Apple is soon launching a standalone service catering to classical music lovers who, like me, are frustrated with the “song” based digital services, where composition’s movements are treated as individual tracks, rather than as part of a larger whole, making he whole process cumbersome.  Whether the other big problem of invisible identification (where the metadata exceeds the charactersa allowed) will be addressed, remains to be seen.  The service will support Hi-Rez up to 24/192, but ominously, also “spatial audio with Dolby Atmos”.
Will that be selectable?  Anyone else excited?
Grammophone announcement

crustycoot

If I were an Apple user I’d probably give it a try. I gotta say, though, that this Microsoft guy has one heck of a good time streaming classical via Qobuz and Idagio. As a matter of fact, Idagio’s selection is vast & addictive enough for this wall-of-classical-records guy to now pretty much just consider my LPs as wall treatment. It’s only with opera where the streaming services come up thin. Soundwise, the streaming services are pretty competitive with my analogue rig, too.

For better or worse, I also quit Tidal before they decided to expand their previously who-cares classical selection.