Apple Classical Music launching

The Grammophone reports Apple is soon launching a standalone service catering to classical music lovers who, like me, are frustrated with the “song” based digital services, where composition’s movements are treated as individual tracks, rather than as part of a larger whole, making he whole process cumbersome.  Whether the other big problem of invisible identification (where the metadata exceeds the charactersa allowed) will be addressed, remains to be seen.  The service will support Hi-Rez up to 24/192, but ominously, also “spatial audio with Dolby Atmos”.
Will that be selectable?  Anyone else excited?
Grammophone announcement

crustycoot

Showing 3 responses by mahler123

Qobuz was relatively good, compared to other services, about Classical.  I dropped them for other reasons.  Apple has been okay but definitely more of a pop music mentality in terms of Artist vs Composer, whole works vs. songs, etc.  I can get where I want on Apple but it takes more effort.  Apple catalog is at least as broad, possibly broader as I found a few albums there that I couldn’t find on Qobuz.  I suspect that Apple’s big innovation will be an improved search engine with essentially the same catalog