Help me to build my first stereo system

Hi, I’m AJ and I’m new here to the forum. 
I am getting married in June and I want to get a nice stereo system for our new apartment. Only thing is they im on a budget… I’d like to spend around 1500 max between speakers amp and turntable. What would you guys recommend to me ? 

thanks so much for the help :)

augjonas

If it was me, I would definitely look at used gear, you are probably thinking the same thing. I would try to find a good Sony ES integrated amp or receiver, a Rega TT and some Monitor Audio bookshelf speakers. I have not searched what is currently available but I would think you could find those pieces close to your budget. If you wanted to have some extra fun you could try an AR XA turntable (and learn how to update it) and some EPI speakers (and learn how to recap the crossover). You would get a lot of help on the forums.

Good luck and have fun!

Off the wall answer: Get a good sound bar for your TV until you get enough budget. Edit: Or start anywhere and enjoy, you'll know where to go after that.

I was under similar budget a little while back and ended up getting a Rega Brio integrated for $300, Tekton Lore speakers for $500,  Schiit Audio dac for $200 running through an older NAD dvd/cd player and I’m extremely pleased in the result  for money spent.   You mentioned a turn table and I did not go that route.   However I think you can certainly put together a nice set up within you budget with some research and advice from the experts on the forum.