Small, Effective Subwoofers?

In a recent speaker thread that I started there were lots of suggestions of adding a couple of subwoofers to my system. As with my speakers (Legacy Signature SEs) I have little room to place subwoofers They will need to go directly to the left or directly to the right of the main speakers. To the left the maximum height would be 12". 12’ would be great on the outside as well, but I could squeeze a slightly bigger unit in there. Would two 12" subs be sufficient here, or would they be too small for this set up?

If 12’ is OK, do you all have any reasonably priced suggestions as did @nevada_matt withe his 2-10 offering from Tekton. I would have never found those on my own, thanks Matt!

I would be super open to some used subs as a cost savings measure here.

128x128navyachts

I added two of these a couple months ago, they are fantastic; Bowers and Wilkins ASW608. I believe you would be very please adding two subs to your setup. Good luck with your search.

https://www.bowerswilkins.com/en-us/product/loudspeakers/asw608

Cheers,

Scott

As has been noted elsewhere, these speakers have a really low impedance (2 Ohms) below 100 Hz.

What you very well may need is a better amp OR, switch to bookshelf Legacies with a subwoofer.

@erik_squires - Thanks Eric, did you read Legacy’s response to this elsewhere?

It also sounds like subwoofer placement is going to be a problem for me too. 

No personal experience but Klipsh just came out with a new sub series.

The smallest is a 10' with a -3db @ 19hz rating. List price is around $750.

Thanks Eric, did you read Legacy’s response to this elsewhere?

Did not, totally missed that.