MHZS 88E comparisons?

I've cruised this board and there are a few write ups about the MHZS cdp's, not to mention the infamous Lampizator page. I just purchased this unit for $650 (+ $50 shipping) as a dealer demo. I've got the common problem -- no idea how it compares to other comparable models/price range. It is unmodded, and would love as an aside any links or upgrade companies that can make them. I have virtually no experience with a solder or iron or electronic internals so would prefer to send it out rather then use it as a guinea pig.

Anybody have any direct comparisons and your thoughts?

thanks so much
tholt
Why don't you look at the Doge 6 CDP? Also a Chinese manufactured single box CDP. Not that I have anything against the MHZS, but their descriptions could border on being deceptive.

The Doge 6 (street price $1400) is a significantly better design IMHO.

In fact, I sent an email requesting an opinion from Mr. Lampizator himself and he wrote, "The DAC is like Lampucera, the output stage is opamp free so it is honest. I would give it a GO."

Granted I bought mine off Agon for $1000, but for $400 more I believe you are getting a much better unit than either the 66 or the 88 without requiring the mods.

YMMV

Regards,
Mark
I am looking for a replacement counter balance that sits atop the cd disc. MHZS 66E - My 2 yr old grandson "ate" it. Any ideas where to look?
thanks guys. haven't checked this thread in a while. The 88 (and the whole line IMO) are fantastic cdp's for the money and I think provide solid sound quality and distinction. They are unique IMO. I've since moved out of the Chinese game (for now) and upgraded to a Musical Fidelity a308cr. Simply a much better machine.
Jledrew,did you ever contact pacificvalve and if so what is you feedback regarding this distributor?