MHZS 88E comparisons?

I've cruised this board and there are a few write ups about the MHZS cdp's, not to mention the infamous Lampizator page. I just purchased this unit for $650 (+ $50 shipping) as a dealer demo. I've got the common problem -- no idea how it compares to other comparable models/price range. It is unmodded, and would love as an aside any links or upgrade companies that can make them. I have virtually no experience with a solder or iron or electronic internals so would prefer to send it out rather then use it as a guinea pig.

Anybody have any direct comparisons and your thoughts?

thanks so much
tholt
thanks guys. haven't checked this thread in a while. The 88 (and the whole line IMO) are fantastic cdp's for the money and I think provide solid sound quality and distinction. They are unique IMO. I've since moved out of the Chinese game (for now) and upgraded to a Musical Fidelity a308cr. Simply a much better machine.
Jledrew,did you ever contact pacificvalve and if so what is you feedback regarding this distributor?
I can give you some feedback. Joe is prob the guy you'll talk to. He is knowledgeable and answered my questions, even answers the phone on Sat. I bought a mhzs 33 and demo 88 from them, both were as described. I do think there is a restocking fee for returns w/in trial period, but i would buy from them again.
I've sold my modded MHZS 66 when I had a chance to audition a used Electrocompaniet ECM 1UP. The 66 was nice but the Electrocompaniet transformed the music my system produced to such a degree that I couldn't have gone back.I will conclude by saying that for the money the MHZS is good value,but if you willing to pay more and go used there is room for upgrade out there.