MHZS 88E comparisons?

I've cruised this board and there are a few write ups about the MHZS cdp's, not to mention the infamous Lampizator page. I just purchased this unit for $650 (+ $50 shipping) as a dealer demo. I've got the common problem -- no idea how it compares to other comparable models/price range. It is unmodded, and would love as an aside any links or upgrade companies that can make them. I have virtually no experience with a solder or iron or electronic internals so would prefer to send it out rather then use it as a guinea pig.

Anybody have any direct comparisons and your thoughts?

thanks so much
tholt
I am looking for a replacement counter balance that sits atop the cd disc. MHZS 66E - My 2 yr old grandson "ate" it. Any ideas where to look?
thanks guys. haven't checked this thread in a while. The 88 (and the whole line IMO) are fantastic cdp's for the money and I think provide solid sound quality and distinction. They are unique IMO. I've since moved out of the Chinese game (for now) and upgraded to a Musical Fidelity a308cr. Simply a much better machine.
Jledrew,did you ever contact pacificvalve and if so what is you feedback regarding this distributor?
I can give you some feedback. Joe is prob the guy you'll talk to. He is knowledgeable and answered my questions, even answers the phone on Sat. I bought a mhzs 33 and demo 88 from them, both were as described. I do think there is a restocking fee for returns w/in trial period, but i would buy from them again.