Hello and "THANKS IN ADVANCE"

Recently I purchased a pair of Bose 901's and 601's. I'm running the 901's with the Bose equalizer through speaker "A" connections. The 601's are through  "B" connections. I'm scared of the warning in the 901 owners manual that says the 901 equalizer may damage other speakers. Does anyone know where to set my unused  7 band graphic equalizer as to better duplicate the bose equalizer? it"s range is +- 12 db starting at 63Hz to 12.5kHz.

1perpet2

baylinor

... do they still make the 901s

No, Bose stopped making them a few years ago. The 901s had a long run, though, even if many audiophiles didn't approve.

I think @russ69 is correct has to how to connect both the 901s and 601s at the same time.

A friend of mine had some 901s hanging by wires from the ceiling  in the mid 70s. For what I knew then, they were awesome. Enjoy.

The eq that runs the 901’s is a proprietary eq that nothing like a regular eq. A standard eq is increasing an incremental frequency. The 901 eq is adding gain across a wide spectrum. When they say it could damage other speakers they are talking about crossovers that can’t handle the gain or current it puts out. I still have my 901’s. They hang in my garage. They are good party speakers if you like loud with no soundstage or imaging. I hooked them up one day in my reference system and then hooked up my 301 (used for front surround) and the 301’s sounded so much better. Friend had 601’s in high school and always liked their sound for what we did. Smoked a ton of weed and hash, dropped some acid and cranked hard rock and metal. Great memories but not serious reference quality.

If adding a 2nd amp doesn't stall your adour, here's some curves from the 901s' eqs'...

Model 1~2s':

,,,and the 3~4s'...

Add the 7 band prior to the amp for the 601 'rears' ought to allow you to play about with the array to taste. *S*

....parametric eq’s are better at the slopes, the ’gain across a wide frequency’ as @sgreg1 notes....they ’look’ like such, at least to me...

(...shout out to retrovoltage.com for the graphs...👍)