WHEN DID YOU FINALLY STOP...

I finally stopped...

...when I treated my room after decades of making excuses.

...when finally I had had enough cables to stare at. 

...When I finally broke down and bought my dream speakers; a pair of Legacy Whispers XDS speakers which was part serendipity and part irony as part of my reasoning for getting them is that I heard at THE Show during CES...well that and a pair is equipped with 4 x 15” woofers across two sandwiched vertical open baffles per speaker and sports a.built-in 500wpc ICE amps to power just the 4x15s in each speaker I thought it would be funny to taunt my best buddy Mike by buying the one speaker he mentions like it’s his personal and yet elusive Moby Dick. I had been interested in open baffle from watching New Record Day YouTube videos and I nearly bought some Spatial Audio ones when I Remembered the Whispers were open baffle. 

... BUT What really cinched it for me? Was when I added the BACCH4MAC Pro software written by Professor Chourier at Princeton University who holds ten patents on this tech and runs both the Binural 3D Audio Psycho-Acoustic & Ion propulsion Labs!

This software extracts more inner detail with a purity I’ve never experience ever in 30 years. It’s able to take any recording create a personally customized filter to your ears along with creating a customized crossover cancellation filter for just your ears.  For bonus points it even tracks my head via camera and adjusts on the fly based on my real time head movements and repositions L+R amplitude dynamically to maintain the spacious 3D image without adding anything to the tonality or timbre in the slightest.  For every 1/10th nearly imperceptible change any incremental addition or subtraction of attribute nothing will more dramatically improved the quality or sound improvement like natural 3D audio coming from only two channels that benefit both old and new stereo recordings alike is paradigm shifting and disruptive technology.  Wheather you are music lover, gearhead, love vintage stereo recordings, have a golden ear or love the purity of sound quality and unbelievable inner detail that’s so real it's spine-tingling or your interested in the recording-side theirs a Bacch4Mac  package right for you, unless you only use windows then you can buy a purpose built stand alone hardware version that provides you a turn key solution.

A) Treat your room, even if you need to divorce your spouse.  I wish I didn’t wait until I was 45 to spend $2200 of lots of absorptive room treatments which was very slap echoey. My room dimensions are only 20'x14'x8', but with twenty or so 24'x48' room treatments I am between a recording studio and audiophile heaven.

BACCH4MAC et al benefit greatly by room that isn't too lively or has lots of slap echo or early reflections or maybe you need fewer treatments because your room is so dimensionally large that early reflections don’t interfere with the direct sound quality.  

B) Put 50% or more of your budget in highly directional speakers in terms of dispersion.  Any speaker that is close to either an ideal point-source (KEF, Tammy, er al), or a highly directional dispersion, like my WhispersXDS system, spatial audio open baffle speakers equipped with a very directional horn, Tektons are also quite directional as well. Maggie's and any Ribbon Planer should also prove a  great match.  

BAACH4MAC works on anything, but certain speakers are better suited to it.

B) Buy Bacch4Mac Intro software and simply test the measurement based filters aka UBACCH filters, and that should be enough to let you convincingly know whether you want a refund or to upgrade to BACCH4MAC Audiophile or Pro edition at the end of the trial to enable you to make you're own BAACH enhanced mastered tracks by simply applying a broader crossover cancellation filter and then the output can be enjoyed anywhere. 

Edger is a very busy person so please don't flood him with a myriad of configurations and what if scenarios.  Just try the Intro software either he or a colleague will help you learn by remote training sessions.  

I'm not paid by or affiliated with Edgar, Princeton, or BACCH4MAC or Theoretica.us. I just love it because it's a dramatic sonic improvement in many ways.

Just my 2 cents.

Best Regards,

Jonathan C.

128x128jcarcopo

When I moved my listening seat 1 foot forward. But I don't know how long I am off it though..

When I built a separate listening room from the house and THEN acoustically treated it. The first part took care of my wife who could care less about any of my musical tastes, and then I was able to be good to my ears. 

I stopped LONG time ago as well, but not so dramatic, not so bold and not so italic. I just stopped upgrading and started just listening to music and collecting music.

+1 @czarivey - Same for me. I just stopped all the @$#&* around and started just listening to music. I even use Spotify for my streaming, and enjoy it! Can’t remember the last time I changed anything in my room or system.