AudioQuest vs Cardas XLR

Hello all,

Looking to upgrade my interconnects from my McIntosh C2700 to MC611 monoblocks. I am very interested in AQ Tbirds or Firebirds vs. Cardas Clear Beyond XLRs. I want an end-game cable and would appreciate some feedback. I'm open to any additional suggestions. I do enjoy the prodigious bass/midbass and the smooth midrange that the combo provides. It's a little light on top, though (as McIntosh is). I think Cardas and AQ will preserve my wishes, but is there anything out there that will keep my midrange/mid-bass/bass and improve upon the highs? I think I may be asking for too much, though! I would be very grateful for some direction. 

128x128jeffreyw
  1. @jafant

Please post your reference source wherein you claim CARDAS somehow flogged made-in-China product anytime in the past. Illegal fake crap POS build counterfeits are flogged out of China and slammed by CARDAS… these are not genuine OEM legit brand models.

https://www.cardas.com/counterfeit

….nowhere can I find such any allegation of them selling Chinese origin product.

Rather

(2); George Cardas has two US patents (4,980,517 & 4,628,151) for his cable & conductor designs.

(3) CARDAS is an exclusively a made-in-the USA cables company in BANDON OREGON for the past 30:years.. George Cardas initially founded his company in Southern California in 1987 working out of his garage while employed there. He then slowly expanded his production business in SoCal until 1992. From there he expanded into the present factory in Oregon. CARDAS also sources their proprietary Cu Material from the USA.

CARDAS is not to be confused with AUDIOQUEST

@jafant At one time not long ago, Cardas was guilty of this practice as well.

False, not authentic Cardas. Fake counterfeits are guilty of this.

------------------------------

Authentic Cardas Pure Copper is mined in the Southwest USA and processed the Northeast USA. Part of the cable mfg in Southern California, final assembly terminations, quality checks, packaging and shipping in Bandon, Oregon. Some may be surprised who else uses Cardas copper too.

Illustrates once again why any counterfeit is plain thievery. Steals from the unknowing buyer, and from the pocket and reputation of the legitimate manufacturer.

If your equipment is differentially balanced and you're using balanced connections, there isn't much difference in cables

Actually according to my dealer all Audioquest cables are made in China except he wasn’t sure about the very highest model.