Ray Charles - "Rap is not music"

I agree with Ray Charles.

👍

128x128jjbeason14

@ab2ab I quote from you: " and based on its impact among a certain segment of society, rap is a particularly focused medium for social degeneracy."

Are you for real? I mean, grow a pair and just say "Black people are degenerate" already and stop hiding behind the clumsy euphemistic labels. Stop being a cliche cowardly bigot.

Plus, you’ve been a member here for almost 8 years and have contributed a grand total of 19 times- most of them snarky, dimwitted whinging.

@parnelligq You’re not much better. besides your ignorant overgeneralization, you’ve contributed a grand total of 17 responses since you joined 3 years ago. But apparently a chance to cluelessly generalize really inspires you.

@charles7 really? Is this based on careful social study or on what you want to believe? Or maybe on your own experience? I mean, I could say the same thing about Boomer rock.

@davedead Yes, Jerry was an iconic and inspiring soul (though I always felt Bobby could convey raw emotion better), but I wouldn't assume that what he says is the be all end all of musical observation. He was a flawed person like all of us. 

I am afraid Ray Charles got this somehow wrong. 

The point is that rap music is sold at record stores too as other genres.

If you do not like it is another matter so skip the section.

I get along fine with friends and co-workers. I'm as much intitaled to my opinion as either you or Ray. I am not required to conform to your opinion. If you can't handle different responses than your own then I'm not the one with a problem.